Marrutt Rotary Darkroom Doors
ALL STEEL CONSTRUCTION FOR FIRE RETARDANCE - DON'T SETTLE FOR PLASTIC OR ALUMINIUM IMITATIONS!
Voted "Best Laboratory /Darkroom Product 1997" by British Institute of Photography / The Photographer Magazine
ROTARY / REVOLVING DARKROOM DOORS
Why Steel? - DON'T SETTLE FOR PLASTIC OR ALUMINIUM IMITATIONS:
Marrutt Limited have been manufacturing high precision rotary access doors for the darkroom, pharmaceutical and bio-technology markets for over thirty years.
Still pre-eminent in Darkroom Door applications, where you need to create a totally light-tight isolation between the outer corridor or room, and the inner darkroom, this traditional application allows constant two-way access between the dark and light environments.
KEY FEATURES AND USES:
- Provides continuous access in/out of your darkroom avoiding ruining expensive light sensitive materials (often, priceless images on film).
- Easily installed, standard finish in light grey/dark metallic leather texture with light absorbing matt dark grey inner revolving cylinder. Full after sales care package available through our distributors worldwide.
- Uses include Photographic Film Processing, X - Ray Units, Clean-Air Rooms, bio-technology and pharmaceutical processes, Scanning & Photographic departments and other rooms that need to be kept light-tight.
- All steel construction for fire retardance - unlike plastic or aluminium!
- Gives your darkroom staff a full day's work - every day!
- RD52/2 model approved for wheelchairs up to 765mm width.
- Continuous light-safe access.
- 2-Way, 3-Way and 4-Way models.
- Instantly removable for access.
- High quality, all-steel construction.
- Silent, smooth running and reliable.
- Used in top professional labs / darkrooms worldwide.
See below for the RD52/2 Model Currently in Stock ...
RD52/2 Two Way Rotary Darkroom Door Kit - WHEELCHAIR COMPLIANT1290mm Diameter, Opening Required: H 2020 W 1320
- Strong ALL STEEL Construction for Enhanced Fire Retardance - don't settle for plastic or aluminium imitations!
- Approved for wheelchairs up to 765mm width
- 110% greater volume than RD35/2
- 50% wider opening than RD35/2
- Maximum internal diameter 1250mm
- Easy to assemble and fit
- Totally light tight
- Continuous two-way access
- Smooth silent rotation
- Emergency kick-out panel
- Quick push-out action
- Replaceable light seals
- Self lubricating guide rollers
- Eight extra colour options
- Full after care sales and warranty
|Price in Euros
|Price in £||Stock
|Excl Vat||Incl VAT|
|RD52/2 Two Way Rotary Darkroom Door Kit||D1002||€8,485.00||£7,195.00||£8,634.00||In Stock|
|RD52/2 Inner Floor/Ramps Option - 1 inner floor and 2 ramps||D1005||€1,175.00||£995.00||£1194.00||In Stock|
Please do not hesitate to Contact us for any product or sales enquiries.
Words from Our Installation Experts
"We have had many instances where we have been called on to replace either electric darkroom doors which regularly fail, or even more seriously virtually brand new darkroom doors made in low melting point materials, which appear to pass general building regulations, but get condemned by local fire authority inspectors. We fit only Marrutt all-steel doors for client peace of mind" - Don't be fobbed off with cheap plastic or aluminium construction.Over the past few years, many of our rotary doors have been installed where the added feature of atmospheric isolation is utilised; many pharmaceutical and bio-technology processes require a degree of environmental isolation - either the air content of the room needs to be preserved at a pre-determined level, or the air pressure, either positive or negative, needs to be kept within a certain tolerance, which a conventional opening door would not allow.
Increasingly, critical pharmaceutical processes, DNA or chemical compound analysis, or compound/catalyst isolation require a degree of separation room to room. Non-destructive testing using light-sensitive X-Ray materials, atmospheric ‘holding room’ conditions, conventional clean room isolation applications - new applications are appearing all the time.
Our rotary doors are available in wipe-clean gloss white for basic clean air applications, or wipe-clean primary colours suitable for industrial micro-technology production applications.
Contact our design engineers to consult with us as to the suitability of your requirement to our doors. Because we have been manufacturing this design in large batch quantities for many years, pricing is sensible whilst reliability in use over many years has been proven in thousands of installations world-wide. The most recent prestigious installations are at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology at Cambridge, the new PCO facility at Rolls-Royce, Derby, and the Francis Crick Institute, London.